Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bollywood King: SRK goes on power trip


Actor Shah Rukh Khan has been labeled the world's biggest movie star by the US based magazine Newsweek. SRK has been rated among the 50 most powerful people in the world along with Sonia Gandhi, Dalai Lama and many more.

SRK has been ranked 41st in the 50 most powerful people in the world by Newsweek.

King Khan is ahead of international biggies including Oprah Winfrey, the Dalai Lama and Jim Rogers among others.

Newsweek described Shah Rukh as the 'King of Bollywood' and applauded his secularism. The magazine quoted "Khan makes devoutly secular films where love trounces bigotry".

"I've never thought of myself as that special. I just thought I'm a mere actor who is doing his job. But this is quite amazing. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I just have maintained that I have already got much more than I deserve, so I need to be returning back by doing more work," said SRK.

"I tell everyone; don't give me numbers, only telephones have numbers. Don't give me stars, only hotels have stars so I'm neither of the two. I just try and do my best and work as hard as I can do and entertain people. I've always like sports. So I've always said that if I do any kind of social work. Socially relevant work more than social work it will be towards sports in India," he said.

With his latest release Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi winning the audience over, SRK indeed is the King of Bollywood.
Source: http://ibnlive.in.com/news

No comments: